Church of Saint Francis


Temporary closure due to earthquake damage


The Church of Saint Francis was built for the Franciscan friars who settled there in 1457 and was named after the Saint of Assisi who remembered Blessed John of Penna in his “Fioretti”.

Renovated in 1700 in baroque style, it remains adorned with fifteenth-century frescoes, preserving the original portal and the terracotta floor, the tombs of the ancient noble families and various paintings of the 15th and 18th centuries.

Information

Nome della tabella
Address Via Colucci
Construction XV Secolo

torna all'inizio del contenuto
torna all'inizio del contenuto
This is the section of the institutional site of the Municipality of del Comune di Penna San Giovanni dedicated to tourism. For information regarding the organization, go to the home
This site is made by TASK according to the main accessibility rules | Credits | Privacy | Legal notices