Parish church of Saint John The Baptist

The parish church of Saint John the Baptist was built between 1251 and 1256 by Giorgio da Como, known for the construction of the cathedrals of Fermo and Jesi.
In the form of a Latin cross, with a single nave, reformed in 1736, it preserves the wooden statue of the Baptist, a work of the 16th century of considerable artistic importance, probably the work of Desiderio Bonfini, and an interesting Crucifix from the same period.

On the Inside

Information

Nome della tabella
Address Piazza del Municipio
Construction XIII Secolo

torna all'inizio del contenuto
torna all'inizio del contenuto
This is the section of the institutional site of the Municipality of del Comune di Penna San Giovanni dedicated to tourism. For information regarding the organization, go to the home
This site is made by TASK according to the main accessibility rules | Credits | Privacy | Legal notices